Shelters across America are almost always full to capacity. Then comes kitten season, stressing their already tight budget and space limitations. Won’t you consider making a new addition to your home and cat family? If the time is right for you, visit your local shelters and give a precious cat or kitten a chance at finding their forever home.
TOP TEN CHECKLIST FOR ADOPTING A CAT
1. If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
2. Find a cat whose personality meshes with yours.
3. Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
4. Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
5. Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat. Understand any pet is a responsibility and there’s a cost associated with that.
6. Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
7. Cat-proof your home.
8. Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
9. Be sure to include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
10. If you’re considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.
For full discussion on each check point above go to :
*Adopt-A-Cat Month is brought to you in June by the American Humane Association.